Guest Whisky Reviews

Mark’s Whisky Ramblings 302: Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Winter Storm – Scotch Whisky News

Mark’s Whisky Ramblings 302: Glenfiddich 21 Year Old Winter Storm

Mark Dermul, Belgian whisky vlogger, tries a hyped malt from one of the world’s most famous distilleries. The third release in Glenfiddich’s Experimental Series – the Winter Storm – took the shelves by storm (see what I did there?) and sold out in a matter of days. A second and even third batch had to be produced. What makes Winter Storm special is the fact that this Glenfiddich matured for 21 years on bourbon casks before getting a finish of three months on casks that previously held ice wine. Peller Estates from the Canadian Niagara-on-the-Lakes (that’s right, near the famous waterfalls) harvests the grapes for this wine at -10° Celsius in the moonlight. This is not just folklore, it’s when the grapes have their highest concentration of sugars. The Glenfiddich malt spend three months in these casks to become the subtle single malt that has proved so popular.

https://youtu.be/8cPRxD82v5Y

ralfy review 818 – Glenfiddich 18yo – Scotch Whisky News

ralfy.com meets ‘fiddich 18yo

https://youtu.be/-bvv6n5Mdvo

The Good Dram Show – Episode 355 ‘House of Macduff’ – Scotch Whisky News

Welcome to this week’s episode of the show. In these dark days I hope this channel is providing some light entertainment. This week’s episode of the show features the Independent bottling company, House of Macduff.

https://youtu.be/DyjEoUm5sKM

The Good Dram Show  – Episode 354 ‘Hinch Distillery’ – Irish Whiskey News

Welcome to this weeks episode of the show. Today I’m looking at the range of bottlings from the new Irish distillery Hinch.

https://youtu.be/DyhV1JDppMY

ralfy review 817 – Orkney Islands 17yo (Berry Brothers & Rudd) – Scotch Whisky News

ralfy visits Orkney !

https://youtu.be/Z0yzI4nMTTQ

Whisky Wednesday Reviews Starward Two Fold – Australian Whisky News

From the sun kissed and occasionally wind swept coasts of Melbourne, we present, Starward! A distillery proud of its locality and heritage of the wine making in the area. Two Fold is a wheat influenced malt whisky – distilled and ageing two separate spirits in wine casks, vatting together at the end of their maturation cycles to create Makers Mark but from Melbourne? If you’re an experimenter with whisky and enjoy something different, look no further! Cheers!

https://youtu.be/zU2Xzqq2mt8

Whisky Ramblings 301: West Cork 12 Year Old Port Cask Finish – Scotch Whisky News

Whisky Ramblings 301: West Cork 12 Year Old Port Cask Finish

Mark Dermul, Belgian whisky vlogger, tries an Irish single malt. The Irish West Cork Distillery Company was founded in 2003, but the first years were spent distilling in a shed with two small stills bought from a Swiss schnapps distillery. Since 2014 they moved to larger premises in Skibbereen. The 12 Year Old Port Cask Finish matured on bourbon barrels before it spent a few months on port casks.

https://youtu.be/jtgLQNEQ5tw

ralfy review 816 – Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban 14yo – Scotch Whisky News

ralfy.com tries a better standard malt !

https://youtu.be/gJHnjvWttvk

Heaven Hill American Whiskey Tasting Set 5-Pack (5x100ml) – American Whiskey News

Heaven Hill American Whiskey Tasting Set 5-Pack (5x100ml) (Elsewhere $50) ($19.99)

This tasting set features five 100 ml glass tubes: one each of Bernheim Wheat Whiskey, Larceny Wheated Bourbon, Evan Williams Single Barrel Bourbon, Elijah Craig Small Batch Bourbon, and Pikesville Rye. It’s a tour of nearly every mashbill from the legendary Heaven Hill portfolio at a stunning price. CAN NOT SHIP – only available via Will Call and Local Delivery

Andrew Whiteley | K&L Staff Member | Review Date: February 20, 2020

Heaven Hill is the producer of many legendary Kentucky whiskey brands over the last 85 years. This gift set allows you to explore every major American Whiskey category by offering Heaven Hill distilled Bourbon, Single Barrel Bourbon, Wheated Bourbon, Rye, and Wheat Whiskey in one special package. Originally conceived as a holiday gift and retailing for $40-50 at most shops, we’re able to offer a one-time shot at these whiskies at a price almost too good to be true. Whether you’re interested in trying all American Whiskey has to offer, or you just know a good deal when you see it, now is the time to stock up either for future gifts or current personal consumption!

Mark’s Whisky Ramblings 300: Cardhu 18 Year Old – Scotch Whisky News

Mark’s Whisky Ramblings 300: Cardhu 18 Year Old

Mark Dermul, Belgian whisky vlogger, goes back to basics. Around 70% of what is distilled at Cardhu goes into the famous Johnnie Walker blends. The other 30% hits the market as single malt. We’ll try the 18 Year Old, which is very popular in France, Portugal, Spain and Greece. This has everything to do with the local warm climate, where this fruity Speyside truly shines.

https://youtu.be/T78Yl1B4H34


Powered by WordPress