Exclusive New Loch Lomond Whiskies Takes Off at World Duty Free Glasgow Airport – Scotch Whisky News
Exclusive new Loch Lomond Whiskies takes off at
World Duty Free Glasgow Airport
A world first has landed at Glasgow Airport, with the launch of the inaugural global travel retail (GTR) range from award-winning independent distiller, Loch Lomond Group.
Four expressions that showcase the innovation and craft championed at Loch Lomond distillery in Alexandria are now available at World Duty Free’s Glasgow Airport store.
The new collection, priced from £25 to £75, features two single malt Scotch Whiskies: the Loch Lomond 12-year-old single malt, which contains spirit from two types of stills; and Loch Lomond Inchmurrin Madeira Cask Single malt, which is produced exclusively from the distiller’s unique pot stills with rectifying heads.
The new collection also features the Loch Lomond Single Grain, which is exclusively distilled with 100% malted barley through a Coffey (continuous) still, and the Loch Lomond Signature, a premium blend which is matured via the distiller’s 100 cask solera process.
The launch is in response to growing demand for Loch Lomond award-winning Scotch Whiskies, which are now available in 90 markets internationally. It incorporates distinctive new one litre bottles and newly designed packaging. The inspiration for the premium packaging came from the magnificent Loch Lomond distillery. Designers worked to reflect the Group’s commitment to whisky craftsmanship; from the distinctive stills, to the working cooperage, aiming to tell the story of the unique parts that come together to create the innovative liquid inside.
World Duty Free’s Glasgow Airport store is the first stop in an ambitious worldwide roll-out of the bespoke GTR range, which will launch in Nordic markets later this month. Canada and the US are also set to offer the range.
As the local airport, Glasgow was chosen for the launch to emphasise the provenance of the range, which incorporates four expressions each with their own unique flavour and character revealing the innovative techniques used at the distillery.
André de Almeida, managing director of Global Travel Retail at Loch Lomond Group, said: “We’ve been keen to introduce a global travel retail range for some time now following increased demand for our Loch Lomond whiskies overseas. It means a great deal to us to offer the new range at World Duty Free in Glasgow Airport, less than 15 miles from our spiritual home in the heart of Loch Lomond – one of Scotland’s most beautiful and popular visitor destinations.”
“We’re confident that we are offering something new and unique and a sense of discovery for whisky drinkers around the world.”
A tasting table will be available at Glasgow Airport during February and March, enabling World Duty Free’s shoppers to sample the new range and encouraging travellers to take a little piece of Loch Lomond home with them.
About the Group:
- Loch Lomond Group is an independent distiller based in Alexandria and is home to a number of award-winning spirit brands that are sold in more than 100 countries worldwide.
- Loch Lomond distillery has been producing the finest single malt whisky since 1814.
- Images and interviews with key staff from the Group are available upon request.
Brands and variants in the GTR range
Loch Lomond Single Grain Scotch whisky 1lt
Loch Lomond Signature Blended Scotch whisky 1lt
Loch Lomond 12 year old Single malt Scotch whisky 1lt
Loch Lomond Inchmurrin Madeira Cask Finish Single malt Scotch whisky 1lt
Glen Scotia Campbeltown 1832 Single malt Scotch whisky 1lt (GTR exclusive)
Glen Scotia 16 year old Single malt Scotch whisky 1lt (GTR exclusive)
Glen Scotia Victoriana Single malt Scotch whisky 70cl
About the brands:
Loch Lomond Group’s eponymous brand is the Loch Lomond range.
- Loch Lomond Single Grain Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond Signature Blended Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond Reserve Blended Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond Original Single Malt Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond 12 year old Single malt Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond 18 year old Single malt Scotch whisky
It also produces the popular Island Collection Range:
- Loch Lomond Inchmurrin Madeira Cask Finish Single Malt Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond Inchmurrin 12 year old Single malt Scotch whisky
- Loch Lomond Inchmurrin 18 year old Single malt Scotch whisky
- Glen Scotia Single Malt Scotch whisky (www.glenscotia.com Twitter: @GlenScotiaMalts)
- Littlemill Single Malt Scotch whisky (Twitter: @LittlemillMalt)
- Glengarry Single Malt Scotch whisky
- High Commissioner Blended Scotch whisky
- Glen’s Vodka
- Glen’s Platinum Vodka