MAKE IT A BURNS NIGHT TO REMEMBER WITH BALBLAIR SINGLE MALT WHISKY – Scotch Whisky News
MAKE IT A BURNS NIGHT TO REMEMBER WITH BALBLAIR SINGLE MALT WHISKY
Dust off your tartan and toast the spirit of Scotland’s most famous poet, Robert Burns, with a dram of award-winning Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
In honour of the occasion, Balblair has selected three of its perfectly timed Vintages, which compliment every stage of the traditional Burns night supper. Specially selected by Distillery Manager, John MacDonald, each of the Vintages are released at the peak of perfection.
Start the evening with a dram of Balblair Vintage 2005. Light, fruity and refreshing, this classic Vintage embodies Balblair’s house style. Full of character, the Vintage has citrus aromas of apple and honey, followed by the intense taste of sweet toffee and vanilla, rounded off by a deliciously spicy, long finish.
Why not pair your haggis, neeps and tatties with a glass of Balblair Vintage 1999. On the palate, it is full bodied, sweet and spicy in character, with hints of honey, vanilla and leather. It has signature Balblair aromas of honey and green apples, as well as hints of spice, citrus, fruits and vanilla make it the ideal Vintage to sip while absorbing the party.
And, if you’re looking to impress your friends, why not finish off with a dram of Balblair Vintage 1990. Boasting a spicy yet sweet aroma, the whisky is punctuated with notes of raisins, toffee and honey. On the palate, the Vintage it is full bodied; sweet and spicy in character with hints of zesty fruits. With a luxurious smooth finish, this expression is the perfect after dinner treat.
- Balblair Vintage 2005 1st Release (£43) is maturated in American oak-ex bourbon barrels, creating aromas of citrus orchards as well as smooth vanilla and toffee that leave a deliciously spicy, long finish. Stockists: Royal Mile Whiskies, The Whisky Shop, The Whisky Exchange, Master of Malts (online), selected Oddbins & independent specialists
- Balblair Vintage 1999 2nd Release (£65) is aged in ex-bourbon barrels and ex-sherry butts, the honey and green apple notes are complimented by a hint of spice, citrus fruits and vanilla culminating in a smooth, long lasting finish. Stockists: Royal Mile Whiskies, The Whisky Shop, The Whisky Exchange, Master of Malts (online), selected Oddbins & independent specialists
- Balblair Vintage 1990 2nd Release (£85) is matured in American oak ex-bourbon casks, but with the addition of Spanish oak ex-sherry butts. Offering a medley of spicy and sweet aromas, punctuated with notes of raisins, toffee and honey. Stockists: Royal Mile Whiskies, The Whisky Shop, The Whisky Exchange, Master of Malts (online), selected Oddbins & independent specialists
- Balblair Vintage 1990 was recently awarded with the IWSC trophy for Best Single Malt Scotch over 15 years
- Balblair Highland Single Malt Scotch has been recognised by internationally renowned spirits competition, International Wine and Spirit Competition, receiving eight accolades across its Domestic and Travel Retail portfolio.
- International Beverage, producer of some of the global drinks industry’s most acclaimed premium spirits including Balblair, is celebrating a momentous win in Whisky Magazine’s Icons of Whisky Scotland 2017 awards, after being crowned Whisky Distiller of the Year.