anCnoc 22 Year Old Introduced To The Range – Scotch Whisky News
anCnoc 22 Year Old introduced to the range
On the 31st of January 2013 anCnoc Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky is releasing an addition to its core range, anCnoc 22 Year Old. The new member of the anCnoc family follows the launch of critically acclaimed anCnoc 35 Year Old in
2012 and coincides with the award-winning anCnoc 16 Year Old being made available again in various markets around the world. Arguably, there has never been a better time for an anCnoc lover.
All anCnoc Single Malt is distilled using traditional methods and aged on site at the Knockdhu Distillery in the village of Knock, Aberdeenshire. anCnoc 22 Year Old was matured predominantly in top quality American ex-bourbon casks but some Spanish casks seasoned for two years with Oloroso sherry were also used. It displays complexity and the wealth of character expected of all single malt whisky from Knockdhu, but the leathery, smokey and smoothly tannic manifestation of maturity makes anCnoc 22 Year Old different from the Distillery’s younger offerings. The whisky is bottled at 46% ABV, non-chill filtered and presented at its natural colour.
Initially 950 cases of anCnoc 22 Year Old will be available in the UK and across export markets, including USA, Japan, Taiwan, Sweden, Russia, Germany and Denmark. The recommended retail price in the UK is £85.
Colour: Bright gold with a copper tint
Nose: Sweet and spicy with notes of set honey and toffee. The warmth of Christmas cake is accentuated by the freshness of lemons, green apples and cut flowers. All wrapped in a delicate whiff of wood smoke.
Taste: Full bodied and complex. Distinct crushed clove, raisin and blood orange flavours are at the front, closely followed by layers of fragrant vanilla and leather. Rich and long finish is smoky and spicy.
• anCnoc [a-nock] Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky is produced at Knockdhu Distillery in the village of Knock near Huntly
• The distillery was established in 1894 and is considered one of the most enchanting in Scotland
• The distillery uses traditional production techniques including a timehonoured method of condensing distillate in worm tubs
• Other core expressions of anCnoc include a 12 Year Old and a 16 Year Old, both are multi-award-winning and celebrated worldwide
• In 2012 super premium anCnoc 35 year old was launched across selected markets worldwide to much critical acclaim
• In 2012 anCnoc announced its collaboration with Peter Arkle – a Scottishborn illustrator based in New York City. Peter’s artwork inspired by his visit to Knockdhu now features on a series of limited expressions of anCnoc Single Malt