TOMATIN DISTILLERY LAUNCH LIMITED EDITION TRIO
Highland-based Tomatin Distillery have launched a trio of special edition bottlings including a 14 year old Cabernet Sauvignon, 9 year old Caribbean Rum and 21 year old Oloroso Sherry single malt.
Each of the expressions are bottled at a strength of 46% and are set apart by the distinctive cask maturations.
The distillers’ focus on creativity shines through with a punchy medley of exotic flavours across the limited editions from the tropical explosion of the rum cask to the Oloroso sherry honeyed oak spice.
Opening the set is the 9 year old, fully matured in Caribbean rum casks and is the very first rum release from the distillery. It is described as enticing aromas of coconut and pineapple developing into creamy banana and vanilla custard on the palate, relaxing with lingering tropical fruits at the finish. There are only 6600 bottles available with an RRP of £39.99.
Next up is the 14 year old spirit, finished in red wine barriques. Tomatin explain that the whisky presents flavours of red fruits, honey and citrus spices, rounded off with a punchy fruit jam. Bottles are limited to 2436 with an RRP of £69.99.
Rounding off the series is the 1995, finished in Oloroso sherry casks which has also just been awarded one of the top 10 spots at the Whisky Fringe awards. According to the distillery the malt has flavours of heavy dried fruits, rich sherry, honeyed oak spice and dark chocolate. With only 1908 bottles available, this complex whisky it is the rarest of the trilogy and has an RRP of £99.99
Stephen Bremner, Sales Director commented:
‘Our dedication to continuous development of our products has been reflected in our growth of 60% in branded goods over the past 4 years. We are constantly striving to experiment and push boundaries with our Tomatin single malt to produce unique creations that appeal to our existing customers and a wider audience. The array of tropical notes, citrus spices and rich sherry infusions will entice a range of enthusiasts to sample the new products.
Recent triumphs at a number of prestigious awards including this year’s competitive Whisky Fringe which saw 3 of our malts in the top 10, are testament to our ongoing commitment to the brand.’
In addition to the limited editions, the distillery has also recently launched a 12 year old gift pack containing the flagship malt plus two free 5cl bottles of Tomatin Cask Strength and Tomatin 14 year old. Retailing at £39, the product will be available across retailers worldwide ahead of the festive period.
For more information about the new releases and to find your local retailer visit http://www.tomatin.com/.
- The Tomatin Distillery Co Ltd is a producer and blender of Scotch whisky, boasting a strong core range of single malt whiskies along with a range of popular blends.
- Website: www.tomatin.com
- The packaging was designed by Pocket Rocket Creative Ltd – award-winning design agency
- Press Kit can be downloaded here: http://www.tomatin.com/contact/
- The distillery was established in 1897, and while historically the whisky produced was primarily sold for use in other brands of blended whisky, the company is now very focussed on growing the Tomatin single malt brand in its own right.
- Tomatin Distillery produces Tomatin Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Cù Bòcan Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky.
- The distillery is owned by Japanese company Takara Shuzo: http://www.takarashuzo.co.jp/english/index.htm